Call for Speakers
Deadline for abstract submission was March 28, 2022
Agile Leadership Day (ALD) is the meeting place for leaders from business and IT.
At this one-day conference, practitioners from leading companies share insights and best practices, discuss about future trends on topics ranging from operational to strategic agility. Agile Leadership Day provides an opportunity to discuss challenges, exchange experiences and share ideas, to network and to leave with practical suggestions to apply when you get back to the office.
Every year, we have an open call for speakers, where we invite practitioners to send in their stories.
The Theme of 2022 is the Future. We invite proposals on forward looking topics. What are the top 3 priorities/ challenges in Agile at your company? Where are you heading?
To guide the application process, the Conference Board has identified some themes that are top priorities in their companies. We welcome proposals in these topics as well as beyond.
- Value Streams
- Lean Portfolio management and budgeting
- Scaling vs protecting «legacy»
- New Ways of Budgeting
- How to financially manage an agile firm
- How to bridge/live side by side between the agile way of working and traditional organizations
- Conflict & alignment of traditional projects vs agile vs dev streams
- Future skills needed by top management
- Hiring – which roles are key/future, how to find them
- Role of HR in enabling transformation
- Psychology in teams
Tech, Infrastructure & Product
- Resilience – Ops vs Developing
- OKRs on an enterprise level
Leadership & Culture
- Leading by intent
- Great resignation and its impact
- How does leadership/ senior management change in the agile context?
- Understanding the commercial value of agile way of working
There is a 2-step selection process:
1) All abstracts are evaluated. Applicants who are shortlisted will be asked to send their presentation to the organisers.
2) The Conference Board will evaluate the presentations and select 12-15 presentations for the final programme.
Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Benefits for participants / Transferable learning objectives
- Originality / Innovation
- Comprehensibility / Storyline / Structure
- Practical relevance / actionable content
- March 28, 2022: Deadline Abstracts
- April 15, 2022: Feedback Round 1
- May 1, 2022: Deadine Presentations
- June 1, 2022: Feedback Round 2
- November 24, 2022: Conference
No Sales Pitches, please!
You love your company, your products, your services? And that’s great, because life is too short to waste at a job you hate! But please focus your talk/workshop on practical, real world solutions that are transferrable to other attendees. Pure sales pitches and talks that focus heavily on a specific tool or service will be rejected.
Talks are 30 minutes long (incl Q&A); Workshop are hands-on, interactive sessions for a smaller group (ca. 30 participants) and last 60-70 minutes.
For the purpose of establishing a clear line between partners and other service providers, we have decided to ask service providers in the main program to also support the conference as partners – we view this as fair.
Service providers are defined are those who offer services in the agile field in the German-speaking region of Switzerland and who seek to directly gain economic advantage through their stage appearance.
If a speaker feels that s/he is not included in the definition (because s/he, for example, does not seek direct economic benefit or proposes unique content), an appropriate option can be offered. The Conference Board will consider this request in good faith and, together with the speaker, will seek a solution.
All speakers are granted free entry to both conferences (Agile Leadership Day and Business Agility Day), including catering and the partner expo. Please note that travel costs are not covered by the organisers.
Still have some questions? Drop us a line at: info@AgileLeadershipDay.ch
Deadline for abstract submissions is March 28, 2022.